Treasuring His Word

Psalm 94:19, 22- “When the cares of my heart are many, your consolations cheer my soul...the Lord has become my stronghold, and my God the rock of my refuge.”

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Decorating On A Budget?

Sorry guys ahead of time for this girlie post! :)

As many of you know I love to decorate. I love the whole process, shopping/searching for the decorations, hanging curtains, hanging a picture on a wall, making flower arrangements, painting, etc. I love to envision how a room can look and then make it happen!

I know these days with the economy the way it's been completely decorating or re-decorating a room can be a challenge because it takes a lot of money and most items are over priced. It has become a hobby of mine to see how cheep I can decorate a room or find a specific item/items. Over the next couple days I've decided it would be fun to do a few posts with tips on how to save money when decorating on a budget. Read along if you'd like! :)

One thing I love to do besides searching for things at garage sales is to go and look around in the higher dollar stores like Pottery Barn and Pier One. I do this to check out the most recent and up to date styles and see what I like for a room I’ll be working on and then go to places like Home Goods and T.J. Maxx and find pretty much the same thing for at least ½ the price it would’ve been in any other store. Pretty much every time something is marked at full price it will eventually go on sale. It isn’t always the easiest thing to wait, but in the long run you’ll get more items for a lot less money.

One of my favorite ways to literally bring life to a room is by decorating with photos, especially with my love for taking pictures. You can usually find a cheap picture frame from Walmart, T.J. Maxx or Target (black frames always add a great touch to a room =) ) and it makes a room feel very warm and homey. Maybe you don’t like the color of the picture frames you have now; well you don’t have to go buy new ones. Go buy a cheep can of paint and paint them… It’s not hard at all and it saves money (kids can also help with this project)!

My all time favorite home décor store is Kirkland’s. Even if I’m not looking for anything I still love to go into the store and just look around for fun (ha-ha in all the spare time I have ;) ). Recently on top of their already low prices they’ve been having a pretty big sale. Everything with a green tag on it (the already marked down price) is an additional %25 off. It’s been great! I’ve been shopping around for my mom because she is re-decorating a few rooms in our house and it’s been such a blessing! Maybe you’ve been searching for the perfect picture or accessories that aren’t marked at a sky high price. If you are, then maybe you should swing on in to Kirkland’s as well and see if they’ve got what you’ve been looking for. You can also sign up here to receive e-mails from Kirkland’s pretty often with coupons and special offers.

Decorating really can be fun and easy as long as you stay motivated!

Check back tomorrow for more on decorating on a budget!

No comments: