Treasuring His Word

Psalm 94:19, 22- “When the cares of my heart are many, your consolations cheer my soul...the Lord has become my stronghold, and my God the rock of my refuge.”

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Encouraging Others

Romans 12:10- “Love one another with brotherly affection. Outdo one another in showing honor.”

Ephesians 4:29- “Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear.”


This week I’m going to take some time each day to encourage/honor the high school, single, and married ladies that have all been instruments of God’s grace working in and through my life. Today, here are two young ladies named, Lauren Eddy and Laura Watt:

Psalm 25:1- "To you, O Lord, I lift up my soul. O my God, in you I trust..."
It is evident that Lauren is a young lady that trusts in the Sovereignty of God. I’ve watched her grow over the years and I’ve seen this evidence of grace more and more on display in her life, especially while her dad was deployed in Iraq. I can’t imagine how difficult that time must have been for her! Instead of complaining during the time her dad was away she chose to run into the arms of her Daddy in Heaven for comfort. During that trial I know there were many times she wanted to give up, but stayed strong and that was a wonderful example to those around her! Another thing I’ve noticed in Lauren is her servant’s heart specifically in the way she’s serves the Broka family time and time again by babysitting their kids or just going over to their house to help in whatever way she can. We need more girls like Lauren that have the heart she has to serve on a daily basis! She is an example to many!

Psalm 149:3- "Let them praise his name with dancing, making melody to him with tambourine and lyre!"

At a very young age I saw Laura as someone that had a passion for God, specifically through dance. There were many year’s that I had the privilege of dancing with her. Through those years and still today it has been a joy to watch her in class and on stage worshiping our Savior. The teachers at the studio have told me numerous times how grateful they are for Laura and the example she is to all the other girls in the dance company. It has been evident that she has a heart to reach out to these girls in the way she initiated and made an effort to put together a Bible study with her mom to invite these girls to. Having Laura in my home group I’ve noticed that she’s always been one who’s quick to confess sin to others and ask for prayer and accountability. She lives a life of humility! Laura has sacrificed many times to help her mom take care of her handicap sister Lindsay. She has been an example to many and I’m sure Lindsay see’s her heart for our Savior as well!

Lauren and Laura, It has been a joy to watch you girls grow in your relationships with the Lord. You’re both turning into beautiful God fearing young ladies and will be rewarded one day for the sacrifices you’re making in laying down your lives to serve in the Church and your families. Thanks for being so much fun to be around! You both have a special place in my heart and I pray for you daily! Keep pressing on in your relationships with God....you’re doing an outstanding job!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Candice,
Thanks for encouraging these girls in this way. I agree with your comments about Lauren! As for Laura, I hope her dad is half the example to her as she is to me! In the midst of a household which is much more hectic than I would like...the joy of the lord is so evident in her life! God is so faithful! I love you Laura!
John Watt

GraceFullMom said...

I would like to "ditto" this commendation of Laura and Lauren. Both have blessed our family many times through baby sitting and always leave a wonderful mark.

I think of the time Lauren wrote an encouraging note to the children and to Chris & me sharing how she saw the Lord in their lives and another time she made each kiddo a bookmark (adorable!) which made each child feel so special.

As for Laura, my mind immediately goes to the first time she came over, armed with a fun-filled game and just a sweet, "Let's have fun together" attitude. And she always works her magic on the house, leaving it cleaner than when she arrived (often by a long shot!) What a blessing to this Mamma! Recently, we worked together to ready the house for a Christmas Party and I had so much fun- when we're chatting and sharing things we've learned I forget I'm speaking to a girl more than a decade my junior!

Thanks, Eddys and Watts, for bringing up such sweet sweet girls. They are evidences of the Lord's goodness and your faithfulness as parents. :)