Treasuring His Word

Psalm 94:19, 22- “When the cares of my heart are many, your consolations cheer my soul...the Lord has become my stronghold, and my God the rock of my refuge.”

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

I Want To Sing of Your Love

Psalm 37:3-7- “Trust in the Lord, and do good; dwell in the land and befriend faithfulness. Delight yourself in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord; trust in him, and he will act….Be still before the Lord and wait patiently got him…”

Recently I memorized the above passage and I’ve been thinking a lot about how God Sovereignly uses EVERY situation (big or small) that He places in our lives to draw our hearts closer to Him and deepen our love for Him. This passage has shown me that as we trust in our faithful never failing Father for His perfect timing and Sovereign will, He will slowly place pieces of the puzzle that represent His will for our lives together even if each piece is a trial or circumstance we need to walk through first. As we delight in the Lord He will help us desire the right things and as we find joy in Him, we will find joy in all the circumstances God has ordained (work, family, church, running errands, etc.) that we face daily. Maybe you too are waiting for the Lord to send answers to questions. Let us remember that this “waiting” time is building us up, making us stronger, and drawing us closer to Him!

To know that God is Sovereignly at work in EVERY situation of our lives to draw us closer to Him and His will has been bringing so much joy to my soul!

Here are some more pictures from the ski trip... I will post the last bunch tomorrow.


1 comment:

Lana said...

Thanks for the timely reminder Candace. It's true that God does use Every circumstance to accomplish something...whether we can see it or not. Thanks for your example of "befriending faithfulness"!