Treasuring His Word

Psalm 94:19, 22- “When the cares of my heart are many, your consolations cheer my soul...the Lord has become my stronghold, and my God the rock of my refuge.”

Monday, January 26, 2009

Fun at Bruster's!

This past Friday I took Victoria to work with me. It’s always a big deal when Victoria and Karah get to go to Bruster’s for a day. I don’t think there’s a better place on earth to do school! There’s unlimited ice cream to eat (well to some degree, some times I have to put my foot down :)) and Nathan’s food for lunch. This time I took Victoria because one, Karah went the time before and two, she was having a Birthday party and wanted to help me make her cake. It’s always fun having them down there with me. We usually have some fun music blasting in the back room and pretty much just goof off the whole time (while working that is ;) ). It gets kind of lonely when I’m down there all day by my self. And some times they even help me! Gasp!

This time we had a little more fun than normal. As you will see in the pictures below, we made and decorated Victoria’s cake, THEN while she was washing a few dishes from our cake decorating mess, I decided to go in our walk-in cooler and pull out a can of whipped cream. I squirted about half the can on my hand and snuck up behind her while she was doing dishes and smeared it all over her face (we had already wiped some off before we took the pictures). Of course I knew ahead of time if I did it to her she would immediately retaliate. We had a whipped cream war! Luckily it was one of the coldest and slowest days we’ve had in a while and there weren’t any customers…. :-/ We even discovered a turtle out side the store trying to climb up a curb and Victoria helped it over. To all you moms out there who are probably wondering, we made sure it wasn’t a snapping turtle before I let her pick it up! =)

1 comment:

overthinker said...

sounds like fun! sweet cake decorating skills...haha.