Treasuring His Word

Psalm 94:19, 22- “When the cares of my heart are many, your consolations cheer my soul...the Lord has become my stronghold, and my God the rock of my refuge.”

Thursday, January 8, 2009

The Newest Addition to My Family!

My dad has always referred to our house as a zoo. A zoo simply because it isn’t very often that our house is quiet! There is always something going on. Either kids running around, people talking or laughing, pets making noise, vacuum running, etc. Just when we thought our house couldn’t get any crazier… it did!

Let me introduce you to our new pet bearded dragon, Jack! Yes, we have a pet lizard. Never in a million years would I have thought my parents (especially my mom!) would allow a lizard (a big lizard) to live in our house. Victoria and Karah have always been by far the most adventurous, out doorsy, pet loving kids in the family. They’ve always been the one’s that have BEGGED to get a bird or a pet snake (yes, I said a snake and yes there will never be one living at our house as long as I’m there =) ). One of their friend’s friends had a pet bearded dragon and they were looking for a new home for it. After much discussion with the girls my parents said they could have it. In my opinion it’s a pretty boring pet. It just sit’s in its cage most of the day under its heating light and eats a live cricket every now and then. It has been much entertainment to our other pets though. They want it so bad!

So meet Jack everyone! Maybe our house is turning into a zoo after all!
GO GATOR'S!!!!

4 comments:

Colleen Moore said...

We have a guestroom if you ever need an alternative to living with a lizard...lol

jnscrotsley said...

I have finally met a Harrington I don't love and WOULD NOT invite into my home! I can't see snuggling up to or even wanting to see the newest addition (sorry Karah and Victoria- not lovin' it)! Your mom is a great women!

Shawna
(from a reptile free home)

Candace said...

You two are funny! You mean to tell me you wouldn't your sweet daughters having a pet lizard in your house for your dogs to bark at all the time? I just can't see why not! ;)

One thing I didn’t mention is that we have a separate cage that the crickets live in (about three dozen at a time) and they have to be fed these little green gooey things that have lots of nutrients in them so they stay healthy and don’t pass anything on to the lizard.

While my parents have been gone this week, Amber and I have had to feed the crickets to the lizard every day! Yuck! I definitely don’t know that I can say I’ve been serving joyfully while doing it!

Colleen Moore said...

Blaaaahhhhh! (the sound of heaving)

You are SO much more a servant than me!

Blaaaahhhh!

=D