Treasuring His Word

Psalm 94:19, 22- “When the cares of my heart are many, your consolations cheer my soul...the Lord has become my stronghold, and my God the rock of my refuge.”

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Mission: X is Back!

Over the past few days I’ve been overwhelmed with excitement about Mission: X 2009. For about the past six months I’ve had a strong desire to go on another mission’s trip and when I heard Mission: X will be back this summer I was over joyed! I’m excited about the opportunity to serve in a different Country and for another opportunity to preach the gospel into different lives.

In the summer of 2007 I was privileged to go on the Mission: X trip to Haiti. Just seeing Haiti in and of itself was a life changing experience. Seeing the poverty in that Country was quite a reality check! The most amazing thing to me about the trip was witnessing young and old people that had an inexpressible joy in the Lord even though they had close to absolutely nothing. I saw a joy that I’d never seen before! Through the trip, I built relationships with different individuals that I’m very grateful for and experienced God’s love in a way I never had before. Though the trip to Haiti was a life changing experience and one that I’ll never forget and am very grateful for, I believe the Lord is calling me to go to a different location this time around.

As I’ve shared before, over the past year the Lord has given me an extra passion to reach out to children, youth, and high school girls. I’ve really sensed the Lord calling me to go on a mission’s trip some where Spanish speaking that I can do just that, preach the gospel into the lives of the up and coming generation. With that said, I’ve been in prayer about two locations: Dominican Republic and Cuba. Even though those are the two locations I feel strongly about right now, it could very well be that God wants me to go back to Haiti or He could have a completely different location planned.

I desire to do only the Lord’s will and I wouldn’t want to go some where different than that. I would greatly appreciate it if you could be in prayer that the Lord would make it clear to me where it is He would have me go. Thanks!

If you haven’t seen the Mission: X website yet, click here to check it out!

Just for fun, here are some pictures of the Haiti trip in 2007:

P.S. Colleen, I know ahead of time these pictues will probably make you cry... tears are a good thing! ;) I love you!


3 comments:

Colleen Moore said...

Um, excuse me! Why are there more pictures of you with my son than me with my son???

lol

HAITI! HAITI! HAITI!

Guess which trip I want to go on! lol

Okay, so I cried when I saw the pictures....I miss Jinette and Jozaffa SO much!

BUT, as you said, I only want to be where the Lord wants me to be. SO, I am praying about whether I am to go anywhere at all, or if I am to simply stay home and be a hostess to the team coming to Jax. (We are apparently already slated to host two families from Metro! The Flitters and Johnsons have already claimed our house!) Of course, you know me, I like to do it all!

We'll have to wait and see what God has in store for each of us!

Love you too Sweet Candace! =D

Candace said...

lol... Colleen, you just make sure if it is the Lord's will for you to adopt sweet Jinette and Jozaffa that I'm the FIRST person you call to baby sit. Ok? It definitely makes sense since I DO live the closest to you. Right? I don’t think it’s even two miles… if you want me to do the calculations I can! :-p

Waiting is always fun! ;) But in all seriousness, if we didn’t have to wait for anything life would just be too easy! Praying the Lord gives you direction… You know the Haiti and Jacksonville trip probably won’t be the same week soooo….you could always do both! =)

Colleen Moore said...

EXACTLY!

Yes, you are the closest...and yes I will SO be calling you because kids or no kids, I am jealous for date nights with My David! lol

And yes, in all seriousness, waiting is SO good for us! What better way to see God prove Himself to be faithful! I waited 6 years for David...and boy was THAT worth it! =D