Treasuring His Word

Psalm 94:19, 22- “When the cares of my heart are many, your consolations cheer my soul...the Lord has become my stronghold, and my God the rock of my refuge.”

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Wives of Noble Character...

Shawna Crotsley:

1 Thessalonians 5:11- “Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing.”

An evidence of grace I’ve always noticed in Shawna is her encouraging and uplifting spirit, especially when someone is struggling with a particular sin issue and she notices them fighting to defeat it. She has always been faithful to ask her dear friends challenging questions. As an accountability partner, she speaks the truth and speaks it in love. Time and time again Shawna has opened up her home to my little sisters when my parents have gone out of town or just to give my mom a break. Shawna is constantly seeking ways to serve her husband and children.

Christine Edwards:

Psalm 28:7- “The Lord is my strength and my shield; in him my heart trusts, and I am helped….”
Christine is someone I’ve always admired. I’ve watched her walk through some very challenging circumstances and through them she always had her trust in our Father and remembered His faithfulness. Something I’ve greatly appreciated about Christine is the way she’s always reached out to the single girls at Church. She has been a HUGE source of encouragement to us all! Christine is a blast to hang out with! She constantly makes people laugh and is always laughing at herself. She is a woman of humility!

Colleen Moore:

Psalm 96:9- “Worship the Lord in the splendor of holiness, tremble before him, all the earth!”

Over the past two years my relationship with Colleen has grown quite a bit. She’s another person I’ve watched walk through some very difficult circumstances and remembered God’s faithfulness through them. Colleen has always been faithful to ask how she can be praying for me. She’s been a huge encouragement to me through some recent circumstances I’ve gone through and am still walking through. She gives me honest opinions when I ask her for them! I absolutely LOVE to watch Colleen worship, whether it be in a home group setting or on a Sunday morning, she glistens with the joy of the Lord expressed in her worship and on her face. Colleen is a woman of passion!

Jean Glick:

Proverbs 31:30- “Charm is deceitful and beauty is vain, but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.”
Jean has been a steadfast example to me for many years now. One thing I’ve noticed in her is her faithful submission to her husband in and through everything. She has been a portrait of a godly wife and mother to me. Our families have always been very close and one thing I’ve greatly appreciated about her is not only how she’s reached out to Amber and I, but how she’s been a steadfast friend to my mom. She constantly encourages me to keep pursuing Christ and live for an audience of One. Jean is a beautiful example of a woman who fear’s the Lord!

Allie Olsen:

Ephesians 4:32- “Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you.”

Allie is a kind, caring, and loving person. She is a mother of five kids all under the age of 10! She’s always joyful and never complains about the season of life she’s in. Her caring and kindred spirit overflows into all her children. Allie is always serving in some way! Whether it’s doing something for her husband or kids, being a home group leader’s wife, or serving at a Church event, she does it joyfully. Allie is a woman who extends much grace to others!

Ladies, thank you all for the examples you are of godly wives and mother’s and for selflessly serving your families and the Church. You all display examples of quiet and gentle spirits and spur me on to grow in godliness! It is a blessing to know each and every one of you!

3 comments:

Justin and Christine Edwards said...

Candace,

What a great exercise! I just want you to know how much I admire you. I am so very thankful for you and the example you are to me. I am motivated and challenged all the time by reading your blog and by just being around you. Your love for our Savior and your desire to bring Him honor and glory in all you do is so evident. Thank you so much for the encouragement you bring not just now (which is perfect timing) but all the time. I pray that as Justin and I enter this new season of “overseeing” the singles that I will be able to minister to you in much of the same way you do to me. I know that I will continue to learn a lot from you ladies and I look forward to that. I’m sure it won’t just be the older woman training the younger women but a lot of the reverse too!

So grateful for you -

Christine

I posted an update on Carter on my blog if you want to check it out.

Colleen Moore said...

Candace, I keep finding myself humbled by how the Lord apparently works in/through me, as seen by you. Thank you for taking the time to find the evidences of grace in my life, and for giving God the glory for them!

And YES, you will always get my honest opinion when you ask for it...and probably even when you don't! ;D

Love you bunches! =D

GraceFullMom said...

Wow! Candace, thank you for loving me through your encouraging words. You're an example to me in this area! ((hugs)) Allie O.