Treasuring His Word

Psalm 94:19, 22- “When the cares of my heart are many, your consolations cheer my soul...the Lord has become my stronghold, and my God the rock of my refuge.”

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Feeling Spent?

I don’t have much time to post today but would like to leave you with the following:

Forsake Me Not When My Strength is Spent- Psalm 71:

“...Be to me a rock of refuge, to which I may continually come… For you, O Lord, are my hope, my trust, O Lord, from my youth. Upon you I have leaned from before my birth…I have been as a portent to many, but you are my strong refuge. My mouth is filled with your praise, and with your glory all the day…. O God, be not far from me; O my God, make haste to help me!.... But I will hope continually and will praise you yet more and more. My mouth will tell of your righteous acts, of your deeds of salvation all the day, for their number is past my knowledge. With the mighty deeds of the Lord God I will come; I will remind them of your righteousness, yours alone….You who have done great things, O God, who is like you? You have made me see many troubles and calamities will revive me again; from the depths of the earth you will bring me up again… My lips will shout for joy, when I sing praises to you; my soul also, which you have redeemed.”

Oh how encouraging the above Psalm has been to me today… I pray if you're feeling “spent” today that it encourages you as well!

No comments: