Treasuring His Word

Psalm 94:19, 22- “When the cares of my heart are many, your consolations cheer my soul...the Lord has become my stronghold, and my God the rock of my refuge.”

Friday, February 13, 2009

Singleness and Valentine's Day

Valentine’s Day or should I say Single Awareness Day is tomorrow….

As a single girl, I’m fully aware of the temptation to be discontent in the season of singleness on Valentine’s Day. Tomorrow let’s not be tempted to have self pity attitudes but think of ways we can serve others. Maybe this is a day to bless your grandfather, dad, or brothers…Maybe even babysit for a family with young children. This season of singleness if EXACTLY where God has called us to be and until (Lord willing) “Mr. Right” does come along let’s continue to serve Christ to the best of our abilities!

Below are two different blog posts that two of my very godly girl friends recently posted on their blogs. May I encourage all my single sisters in Christ to read them and then take some time to evaluate your heart in preparation for this Valentine’s Day….

Janelle Leach
Jenn Romanski

No comments: