Treasuring His Word

Psalm 94:19, 22- “When the cares of my heart are many, your consolations cheer my soul...the Lord has become my stronghold, and my God the rock of my refuge.”

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

A Story of God's Faithfulness...

Sunday morning I was wide awake at 5:30. I sat there thinking of many reasons why I would be awake (not feeling great), so early without hearing the sound of my obnoxious alarm clock. There was no falling back asleep! So I began reading my Bible. After a few minutes of flipping through different passages I began to notice a trend in what I was reading. Everything I’d been reading was on suffering and trials. At that point I realized God was doing something. I then began pulling various scripture verses that I normally turn to when my soul is in turmoil or in the “miry bog” and combined them all together. When I arrived to church on Sunday morning I shared what I’d come up with. It turned out they (the pastors and worship leader) had already planned to invite people to come forward to read scripture that they turn to when feeling weak and are walking through difficult seasons. At that point I was just amazed at how God works! There I was, wide awake (way too early!) and I had no idea why I wasn’t able to sleep… But God did! We had a wonderful time of worship as a church Sunday morning as many people were able to encourage others with scripture. It’s times like this one that I’m freshly provoked to run hard after God and bask in His glory. He truly is an AWESOME Father! To Him be ALL the glory!

The following is what I shared on Sunday morning. If you are walking through fiery trials, be encouraged, because as scripture proclaims, God is our stronghold in times of trouble!...

Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I am strengthening you, I will help you, I will up hold your righteous right hand. (Isaiah 41:10) Blessed are those who remain steadfast under trial, for when you have stood the test you will receive the crown of life, which I have promised to those who love me (James 1:12). Though passing through the waters, I am with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you (Isaiah 43:2), for we know that God is working these slight and momentary afflictions for our good and His glory (Romans 8:28) and they are preparing us for an eternal weight of glory (2 Cor 4:17), they are producing for us endurance in the race set before us. Count it all joy my brothers when you meet trials of various kinds (James 1:12) for I am good, a stronghold in times of trouble. (Nahum 1:7)

Psalm 23:4- “Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me, your rod and your staff they comfort me.”

1 comment:

overthinker said...

very cool. those are some of my "aack i need oxygen" passages too. :)