Treasuring His Word

Psalm 94:19, 22- “When the cares of my heart are many, your consolations cheer my soul...the Lord has become my stronghold, and my God the rock of my refuge.”

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

The Lord is My Shepherd

After many trips down to Bruster’s over the past couple weeks, we are almost done clearing out the store! My mom and I spent the whole day cleaning, throwing stuff in the dumpster, and moving stuff home. Hopefully by the end of the day tomorrow everything will be done and we can officially lock up the doors. It could have been done today but mom and I both agreed that was all our backs could handle and the dumpster was about to overflow. =)

As for me I’m still fighting a cough and having difficulty breathing. I’m heading back to the doctor’s tomorrow to see what’s up and hopefully get another antibiotic.

The Lord continues to remind me of His faithfulness and love through difficult times. He has been good!!! I cannot thank you all enough for your care and constant prayers! I’ve been richly blessed!

This morning during my quiet time I read Psalm 23. No matter how many times I read it through, I find more and more comfort and rest in the Savior and that brings me much joy!

Psalm 23- “The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures. He leads me beside still waters. He restores my soul. He leads me in paths of righteousness for his name’s sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me… Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life, and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord forever.”

No comments: