Treasuring His Word

Psalm 94:19, 22- “When the cares of my heart are many, your consolations cheer my soul...the Lord has become my stronghold, and my God the rock of my refuge.”

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Still Couch Bound...

Today my dear friend Damaris quoted the following to me:

"God uses sickness as a means of grace because it's the only way He slows you down."

Man have I been believing that today! This sickness has caused me to literally do nothing besides sleep, look at a TV or computer, and read lots of books. Though it’s been pretty miserable, I’ve been able to spend quite a bit of time in the Word and I can say that I’ve definitely benefited from this time of resting even though it's has NOT been fun!

Thank you so much to those of you who’ve asked if you can bring me anything. I’m so very blessed to have such caring friends! My mom and all my sisters have been absolutely amazing…they’ve brought me anything I’ve needed! Amber sat and watched “The Dark Night” with me even though she hates those types of movies (she was a little freaked out!) I just laugh at all the freaky parts! :-p

A BIG thanks to those who have been praying for me! I’m grateful for you all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was "amazing" even though I whined about the movie the whole time and kept asking you how you could like to watch that movie? ;)