Treasuring His Word

Psalm 94:19, 22- “When the cares of my heart are many, your consolations cheer my soul...the Lord has become my stronghold, and my God the rock of my refuge.”

Friday, November 7, 2008

Celebratinig 10 Years

Tomorrow night will be a very special one for many. GCC will be celebrating our ten year anniversary!

I remember the day when sitting around our kitchen table in Atlanta when dad and mom announced to Jonathan, Amber, and I that we would be moving to Jacksonville, FL to plant a church. At the time, they weren't aware of a single person that would be joining us on the church plant. In a matter of a couple of months, eight other families from the church in Atlanta and other Sovereign Grace churches decided they believed it was the Lord’s will to join my family on the church plant to Jacksonville. From the very day of sitting around our kitchen table to today, I stand AMAZED when I look at God’s faithfulness to my family and GCC.

Over the last ten years of living in Jacksonville, the Lord has blessed me with friends, young and old that I most definitely DO NOT deserve. These friends have spurred me on to be more like Christ and to run after Him as hard as I can. I’m grateful to God for all the fun times we’ve had laughing and making great memories. For the fruitful times we’ve spent having biblical fellowship and encouraging each other in our walks with the Lord. And most of all, for the ways they’ve been so faithful to hold me accountable.

Words cannot express how grateful I am to God for this church and for bringing my family to Jacksonville. Through the years many things have changed in my family and the church, but in every situation God has been merciful to show us His grace. I don’t know what the Lord has in store for my future or how many more years I will be a member of GCC, but I do know until that day comes, Grace Covenant Church in Jacksonville will be to me the dearest place on earth!

Please pray that tomorrow night would bring much glory to God as we reflect upon His faithfulness and grace to us through the years.

3 comments:

Colleen Moore said...

I can't believe it has been 10 years since so many dear friends moved here to start this church...and now I'M here! Who ever would have imagined THAT??? God's plan truly amazes me! =D

I am SO grateful to be here for the anniversary...I'm already packing my tissues...I know I'll be balling my eyes out at the chronicle of His faithfulness! Even in these few months GCC has become the dearest place on earth to me too!

See you there! =D

jnscrotsley said...

Candace,

I am so thankful that God would bring you and your family here to Jacksonville to plant this church. I am thankful for your parents submission to God. What a story of faithfulness and trust! Whatever God holds for your future and whatever he is "preparing" you for, we are in prayer for you and your family. Candace your are such a sweet example of humitly and godliness. I am so thankful for you and all that God is doing and has done in your life.

Shawna

overthinker said...

I'm sure ya'll will have a blast. There is something special (i think) about participating in a church plant. You build relationships quicker when you are building a church together, watching it grow and working through all of the growing pains...it's an amazing priviledge!