Treasuring His Word

Psalm 94:19, 22- “When the cares of my heart are many, your consolations cheer my soul...the Lord has become my stronghold, and my God the rock of my refuge.”

Thursday, November 13, 2008

It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas….

It has been pretty busy around here the last couple of days! The three kids have all had colds and Amber and I have been trying to keep up with work and running them every where they need to be. I’ve basically been running around like a chicken with my head cut off since my parents left. I’m very grateful for all my mom does when she’s home, but I’m REALLY grateful for all she does when she’s not home! I know my parents are getting a nice break so I’m glad we can bless them in this way, even if it’s been a little crazy.

Tonight we cooked breakfast for dinner and began to decorate for Christmas. I know you are probably thinking “who in the world decorates for Christmas in November???” Well, about two weeks ago my dad started breaking out the Christmas decorations. I was shocked when I saw him pulling all the boxes out of the attic and even more shocked when he asked me to start setting up our Christmas tree. I very quietly asked him, “dad do you realize it is the first week of November, not the first week in December?” The reason he wanted to start decorating so early is because we are going to be out of town quite a bit in the next couple of months and we won’t even be in town for Thanksgiving.

Soo… While my parents are away we decided it would be nice to surprise them with decorating our Christmas tree so they don’t have to worry about getting that done when they get home. We tried to get some other decorating done as well, but things started getting a little chaotic. Hopefully we can get some more done tomorrow.

Here’s a few pictures of our evening:

1 comment:

Britani said...

It looks like you had a great time! It's great you're helping your parents out like you are! Hope you have a good Thanksgiving!

P.S.-The tree is beautiful!

Britani