Treasuring His Word

Psalm 94:19, 22- “When the cares of my heart are many, your consolations cheer my soul...the Lord has become my stronghold, and my God the rock of my refuge.”

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

North Carolina Day 5

Well, today the cooking and baking started! This morning my cousin Amanda and I headed to the grocery store and got some last minute items we needed to begin. A few of us girls spent most of the day in the kitchen baking for tomorrow and cooking dinner for tonight. Amanda made a bunch of chocolate chip cookies and cole slaw, I made four pumpkin pies and a big pot of chili, and my aunt made a pot of tortilla soup and sloppy joe. I just love Thanksgiving!

Dad and Josh took a trip to Costco and bought an apple pie and a coffee cake (We were planning on baking them, but he decided to go get them since we know they are really cheap and delicious!). He then took Josh, Victoria, and Karah to the movies to see Bolt while all the girls stayed home and cooked.

The cooking will continue tomorrow! I can’t wait! Though it’s a lot of work, it’s a blast being in the kitchen most of the day with family.

Until tomorrow, happy cooking!!!


No comments: