Treasuring His Word

Psalm 94:19, 22- “When the cares of my heart are many, your consolations cheer my soul...the Lord has become my stronghold, and my God the rock of my refuge.”

Monday, November 17, 2008

Lead Me To The Rock

This morning I woke up feeling anxious about many things. I was worrying about things that I have no control over and no need to even worry about. Instead of trusting God, I became anxious! The Lord was kind to very quickly remind me of His love for me. He reminded me that all the things I was worrying about, He already has an answer to. Whether it's the answers I want to hear or not, it will be for my good and His glory.

I find it very sad that I was worrying after being in Gainesville yesterday hearing a message out of Psalm 61 titled, "Our Rock in Troubled Times." Phil Courson did an excellent job speaking on this Psalm! This message was very timely for me! As I turned to my notes this morning during my quiet time I came across a quote that he shared with us:

"There is a Rock to be found. There is an inner rest to be experienced that's deeper than conceptual understanding, human love, personal success, and the accumulation of possessions. There is a rock that will give you rest even when all of those things have been taken away. That rock is Christ and you were hardwired to find what you are seeking in Him. In His grace, He won't play hide and seek with you. In your weakness and weariness, cry out to Him. He will find you and He will be your rock." -Paul Tripp

Psalm 61:1-3- "Hear my cry, O God, listen to my prayer; from the end of the earth I call to you when my heart it faint. Lead me to the rock that is higher than I, for you have been my refuge, a strong tower against the enemy. Let me dwell in your house forever! Let me take refuge in the shelter of your wings!"


What a fresh reminder this is to me! God is faithful and sovereign over all things. Just as he has been faithful in the past, he will be faithful today and forever. He is the everlasting God and will NEVER change. His grace will always be there to remind me of His love every time I sinfully begin to worry! The duty to trust God will never be out of season!

Psalm 62:5-8- “For God alone, O my soul, wait in silence, for my hope is from him. He only is my rock and my salvation and my, my fortress; I shall not be shaken. On God rests my salvation and my glory; my mighty rock, my refuge is God. Trust in him at all times, O people; pour out your heart before him; God is a refuge for us.”

1 comment:

Colleen Moore said...

Seems your trip was fruitful. ;D

Love you!