Treasuring His Word

Psalm 94:19, 22- “When the cares of my heart are many, your consolations cheer my soul...the Lord has become my stronghold, and my God the rock of my refuge.”

Monday, November 24, 2008

North Carolina Day 3

As I mentioned yesterday, we spent last night at the Biltmore Mansion seeing the candle light Christmas display. It was beautiful! We went back today to learn more on the history of the house and to view the property during the day. The house is incredible! They wouldn’t let us take pictures inside the house, so I don’t have any to share, but here are a few facts:

-255 rooms
-175,000 sq. feet
-It took 6 years to build (1889-1895)
-43 Bathrooms
- 1,200 servants
- It is still the largest private estate in America

Those are just a few facts….every room in the house was immaculate!

After touring the house we went to the winery and farm on the Biltmore property. Mom and dad did some wine tasting (all of the under age drinkers drank grape juice =) )

The weather today has been very cold, rainy, and windy. The rain has slowed down so hopefully we can spend lots of time around the campfire tonight!

The following verses have been so uplifting to me recently. I know I have heard of a few of you that have been feeling weary over the last few days. I pray you find encouragement in these verses as well! Know that I'm praying for you all!
Isaiah 40:28-29, 31- "Have you not known? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the creator of all the earth. He does not faint or grown weary; his understanding is unsearchable. He gives power to the faint, and to him who has no might he increases strength. Even youths shall faint and be weary, and young men shall fall exhausted; but they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.



Mom and dad getting their drink on ;)



Churning butter...




Victoria and Karah would have loved it during Little House on The Prarie days!

No comments: