Treasuring His Word

Psalm 94:19, 22- “When the cares of my heart are many, your consolations cheer my soul...the Lord has become my stronghold, and my God the rock of my refuge.”

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Fun With the Olsen's

Last night I had the privilege of babysitting the Olsen kiddos. Here are some pictures we took:



Well, today I wanted to take some time to honor someone by the name of Allie Olsen =)…

Allie,

Thank you for the example you display daily of what a godly wife and mother looks like. You are a joy and a blessing to be around. Your example of a caring heart through the way you humbly interact with others is provoking. I don’t think I’ve ever seen you without a smile on your beautiful face and you are always quick to ask others how they are doing.

With five kids all under the age of nine, you have quite the load at home, but that NEVER stops you from serving. Thank you for all you do to serve so faithfully in our church. You quickly go from being an encouraging home group leader’s wife to running around on a Sunday morning from the different children’s ministry classrooms making sure everything is running smoothly usually with one of your kids with you.

Never before have I heard you complain about the busy season of life you’re in with five young kids. As a single young lady, it is a blessing to have women like you in my life to watch as I am preparing myself for the day when I will be a wife and mother.

Thank you for the example of the godly, loving, and joyful person you are!

5 comments:

Colleen Moore said...

Amen Sister! (Even though I am already a wife and a mother Allie still is a tremendous example to me in all the ways you mentioned.)

Love you both!

Lana said...

Thank you for having a heart of encouragement Candace and for giving honor to whom honor is do! - And I second all that you said about Allie! She is amazing.

GraceFullMom said...

Oh my gracious- I am so humbled and just encouraged beyond belief!

Thank you for giving us the night out- it was such a treat and we never once worried about the kiddos in your care. :) We may have worried about you in theirs for a minute or two though... LOL

Candace, thank you so much. ((hugs))

Chris said...

Thank you so much. Allie is amazing I am truly blessed.

Victoria and Karah said...

That was a very sweet post Candace!You are such a great example Condece.-Karah